To start the signing procedure, please go to the tenancy creation/modification form, Signatories tab.
Before you begin, please make sure you have correctly entered the emails and mobile phone numbers of all signatories.
You can sign the document online in a few simple steps.
- The landlord can initiate the procedure by clicking on the button Start the signing procedure.
- A pop-up window will open to draw the signature. Then the user will have to request and enter a verification code sent by SMS. Once the signing procedure has been started, the document will be locked and marked as Pending signature.
- An email invitation will be sent out to all tenants and guarantors.
- Tenants and guarantors can click on the invitation link and sign. Same as the landlord, signatories will have to draw their signature and request and enter the verification code sent by SMS.
Once the document is signed, it will be locked. The landlord, tenants and guarantors can then download it in a PDF format.
There are three different types of electronic signature: simple, advanced and qualified. If all three are legally admissible, only the qualified electronic signature benefits from the presumption of reliability.
The simple electronic signature is currently the most commonly used type of signature. Today, the overwhelming majority of electronic signatures on the market are the so-called “simple” signatures, as they are more suitable and easier to use.
The simple electronic signature corresponds to the first level of security and legal recognition of a document’s signature. Its process can, however, be strengthened and acquire greater legal value if an extra authentication layer is added. We use a double authentication system to sign the documents:
- Verification of the signatory’s valid email address by opening a Rentila account,
- Verification of a valid mobile phone number by sending a verification SMS at the time of signing.
To prove the reliability of our simple signature, we record the signatory’s email address, his mobile phone number, the IP address of the device used to sign the document, etc. The purpose of this proof is to give lawyers, in the event of a dispute, the ability to easily trace the different stages of a transaction step by step.
The electronic signature can be executed from a computer or a mobile device. Each signatory will need a valid email address and a personal mobile number to sign electronically.