The tenants can accept the invitation and create their tenant profile.
When tenants are connected, they can access their dedicated account.
This means they will be able to view the information in the following sections:
- Landlord: showing the basic information on their landlord;
- Tenancies: information on their current tenancies;
- Invoices: to download their invoices/ receipts;
- Documents: to share documents with the landlord;
- Maintenance: to create or request interventions;
- Tasks: to create or complete a task;
- Messages: send and receive messages by the landlord;
- Candidates: current application for a tenancy.
The tenant’s account is practical for Landlords and gives you more time to be efficient in your property management.
Why give access to your tenant?
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been enforced starting the 25th of May 2018.
The users, tenants, have to be informed of the way their personal information will be used and give their permission. They have to have access to all of this information and be able to refuse its usage.